BLACK FRIDAY SURVIVAL TIPS
1. Sign up to The Body Shop email newsletter below so that you don’t miss our deals.
2. Make a wish list so that you can focus on the things you really need, and stock up on the essentials in all your favourite ranges.
3. Take the opportunity to try something new – test out a new scent, or pick up a discount skincare product you’ve been meaning to try.
4. Pop it in your work calendar and block out your lunch break to give you more time to shop the best deals.
5. Think ahead! Black Friday is a brilliant time to get your Christmas shopping sorted – and don’t forget any upcoming birthdays or anniversaries. You can even get some ‘reserve’ gifts so your sorted for any last-minute presents.
6. Put Black Friday 29 November 2019 in your diary too so that you’re ready to shop with us next year!
SHOP BEAUTY DISCOUNTS
WHAT IS BLACK FRIDAY?
Black Friday is one of the biggest shopping days of the year. A new American tradition, it’s held on the last Friday of November, the day after Thanksgiving. In recent years, Black Friday has gone global and made its way to British shores as one of the biggest shopping days before Christmas.
WHERE DOES BLACK FRIDAY COME FROM?
Black Friday is said to have been coined in 1961 by police officers in Philadelphia, due to the thick smog and traffic pollution caused by the hordes of shoppers. Although not officially recognised as a holiday, many Americans take the day off to do their Christmas shopping and make the most of the generous deals and discounts. Luckily, the following Monday (known as Cyber Monday) offers similar deals online for a more comfortable, fuss-free shopping experience.