Terms and Conditions of Sale
apply to your use of this The Body Shop Online Store and to any purchases you make through The Body Shop Online Store.
This site is operated by The Body Shop Australia Pty Limited (ABN 47 602 683 349, ACN 602 683 349) from its registered address at Chadstone Tower Level 7, 1341 Dandenong Road, Chadstone VIC 3148.
Purchasing The Body Shop Products
Eligibility to order criteria:
You may only purchase products:
- Available for sale and details of which appear on The Body Shop Online Store.
- For delivery to Australia. Excluding PO BOX addresses.
- For personal use, either by yourself or by your intended recipient(s) of the products. The Body Shop reserves the right to decline any order that it has reasonable cause to believe is for onward sale other than through distribution channels approved by The Body Shop.
Details of the products available for purchase (including their price) are set out on The Body Shop Online Store. The Body Shop takes all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices of products appearing on The Body Shop online store are correct at the time when the relevant information is placed onto The Body Shop online store. Although every effort is made to keep The Body Shop Online Store as up to date as possible, the information appearing at a particular time may not always reflect the position exactly at the moment you place an order.
- Once you have selected the products you wish to order, click on the “Checkout” button at the end of the checkout process.
- Once you have clicked on the “Checkout” button, you have made a binding offer for the sale of goods. Your offer at this stage is still subject to our acceptance. In order that we may accept your offer, we obtain an authorisation from your Credit card company for the amount detailed on the order summary page. We are not taking funds from your card at this stage, although the amount available for you to spend will be reduced by the authorisation. This is a normal process with the banks. If your credit card should not give an authorisation, your order will not be processed further.
- The Body Shop will E-mail you to confirm your product order has been received.
- The Body Shop will E-mail you again to confirm that the products you have ordered are being shipped to you.
- We are deemed to have accepted your offer, and a corresponding contract of sale for the products you have ordered is concluded between you and The Body Shop only upon those products being shipped to you, as detailed in the dispatch confirmation E-mail.
- The Body Shop may refuse or be unable to process your order if:
- The product you ordered is discontinued or no longer available.
- Your credit card does not give authorisation for the payment of the purchase price.
- You do not meet the eligibility to order criteria set out above.
- Your payment card or PayPal account must be issued within Australia.
PRICES AND AVAILABILITY OF THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES LISTED ON THE SITE ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. ALL PRICES AND CHARGES AS LISTED ON THE SITE ARE DISPLAYED AND CHARGED IN AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS (AUD). The listing, description of, or reference to, a product or service on The Body Shop Online Store does not imply that the product or service is presently available or that we endorse that product or service. In the event a product or service is listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error, error in pricing information received from a supplier, or any other reason, we shall have the right to refuse or cancel any order placed for such product or service at the incorrect price, even if the order has been confirmed and/or your credit card has been charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is cancelled, we shall promptly issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the incorrect price. Pre-packaged gifts are assembled individually and may vary slightly. Risk of damage to or loss of any product or service ordered by you from us transfers to you with effect from the time of delivery. Notwithstanding delivery and the passing of risk in said product or service, title in said product or service shall not pass to you until we have received in cleared funds payment in full of the price of the products agreed to be sold to you for which payment is then due.
We believe strongly in our products and their quality and want you to be completely happy with your purchase. If you are disappointed in any way; or should you receive damaged or faulty product; or receive an incorrect order please contact us within 30 days of purchase via phone: 1800 065 232 or email. All refunds will be made by method of payment. We cannot accept returns on gift cards and sale items (unless they are damaged or faulty).
Your product can only be returned in the country it was purchased, however, goods purchased online can be returned either online or in-store.
If returning to store please make sure you have your invoice with you, if this document is not presented the store will not be able to process your exchange or refund.
If returning via post, please contact our Customer Service team prior to sending the goods back. The following information is required when returning your goods via post:
- Confirmation email containing your Order Number;
- Invoice containing your Delivery Number;
- List and description of goods to be returned; and
- Reason given for returning goods.
If returning via post, please note:
- It may take up to 10 working days for your parcel to reach us.
- Returned items will be processed within two (2) working days of receipt.
- Reasonable care must be taken when packaging the parcel so that goods are not damaged in transit.
- Consider using a carrier that offers both traceability and insurance.
The Body Shop reserves the right to:
- Modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, The Body Shop Online Store (or any part thereof) with or without notice to you; The Body Shop shall not be liable to you or any third party for any such modification or withdrawal; and/or
- Change these Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of The Body Shop Online Store (or any part thereof) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions then you must immediately stop using The Body Shop Online Store.
- If The Body shop should change these Conditions, your order will be subject to the Terms and Conditions at the date and time of you placing your order. If any part of these Conditions is declared unlawful or unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed deleted from the Conditions and the remaining provisions of the Conditions shall remain in full force and effect.
- These Conditions are governed by and will be construed in accordance with the laws of Victoria, Australia. Any disputes arising under or in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria.
We’d like to keep you up to date on all of our exciting new product launches, promotions, and Party Themes and Values campaigns. To keep up to date simply click register.
Our contact details can be found on our contact us page.