WINTER SKINCARE TIPS
Your skin has a lot to deal with in winter. There are icy temperatures, wind and rain to contend with, plus the drying effect of central heating. Shorter days and lack of sunlight means lots of us experience low Vitamin D levels. Skin can suffer from a lack of water and oil; dehydrated skin can appear flaky and tight, and affects oily skin as well as dry. It’s important to switch up your skincare in winter to provide extra care – think of it like getting out your winter coat. It’s time for nourishing moisturizers, facial oils and layering hydration…
WINTER SKINCARE ROUTINE
1. Cleanse with the Oils of Life™ Oils of Life™ Intensely Revitalising Cleansing Oil-in-Gel.
2. Sweep over the Vitamin E Essence Lotion with a cotton pad.
3. Apply the Oils of Life™ Intensely Revitalising Facial Oil.
4. Follow with the hydrating Vitamin E Intense Moisture Cream.
5. Treat lips with our Hemp Heavy Duty Lip Care.
6. Apply our Mediterranean Almond Milk With Oats Mask twice a week to gently exfoliate and comfort skin.
WINTER BODY CARE
It’s not just your skincare routine that needs changing up in winter. Your body needs a little extra care during the colder months, even though it’s wrapped up in layers of warm clothing.
1. Make sure to exfoliate regularly with our rich and creamy Body Scrubs, to get rid of any dry, flaky skin.
2. Follow with loads of our iconic Body Butters– Shea, Coconutand Wild Argan Oil are our favorites for the winter months.
3. Don’t forget your feet – Hemp is a hero for very dry feet trapped in boots and tights, while Peppermint Foot Care will help keep things fresh.
WINTER HANDBAG ESSENTIALS
These essentials are perfect for stashing in your handbag for hydration on the go. Lip care is a must to help prevent lips drying and cracking in the colder weather, and same goes for hands – keep your favorite hand cream in your bag to top up on moisture throughout the day. For gym bunnies, it’s a good idea to keep a mini Body Butter in your bag to nourish post-shower skin before you head out into the cold.
HOW TO TREAT DEHYDRATED SKIN
Skin can often become dehydrated in winter, but what exactly is it? We look at the difference between dry and dehydrated skin, what causes it and what you can do about it, as well as the best skincare routine for dehydrated skin.
Discover Our Expert Guide