WHY SHOULD YOU WASH YOUR HANDS?
Washing your hands is an integral part of keeping yourself and those around you healthy. Day to day, you come into contact with thousands of surfaces from your mobile phone to shared yoga mats, which can lead to a build-up of germs on your hands. When you touch your face – which the average person does 200 times a day - germs can enter into your system which could cause you to become unwell.
While it may seem enough to give your hands a quick rinse with soap and water, it’s recommended that you wash your hands thoroughly for twenty seconds to try to reduce the amount of germs or bacteria from your hands.
SHOP HAND WASHES
Our 10 Steps For Washing Your Hands The Right Way
1. First, wet your hands with warm water
2. Apply 1-2 pumps of soap to cover your hands. Be generous!
3. Lather up by rubbing the palms of your hands together
4. Use the palm of one hand to rub the back of the other and clean in between the fingers. Repeat on the other hand
5. Rub your hands together making sure you clean in between your fingers
6. Rub the back of your fingers against your palms on both hand
7. Don’t forget your thumbs! Rub each one using your other hand
8. Rub the tips of your fingers on the palm of your other hand
9. Rinse your hands with running water
10. Dry you hands completely with a clean towel and – handy tip! - use it to turn off the tap.
How often you need to wash your hands will depend on your day to day activity, but we recommend washing your hands anytime you do one of the following:
• Before and after preparing food, especially raw foods like meat and vegetables.
• Before eating
• After using the toilet or changing a diaper
• After blowing your nose, sneezing or coughing
• Before and after treating a cut or wound
• After touching animals, including pets.
If you live in a city you’re likely to have a busy commute. It’s impossible to avoid coming in to contact with lots of people and contaminated surfaces. Washing you hands when you arrive at work and return home will help to reduce the amount of grime and bacteria that may have built up on your journey.
So - we’ve established that washing your hands frequently is important. But keeping hands clean can sometimes come at a price – dry skin. Excessive washing can strip hands of moisture leaving your skin feeling dry, tight and uncomfortable.
But don’t fear – there are several other ways to help keep thirsty hands hydrated – we recommend using a moisturizing cream or lotion throughout the day that will help restore moisture and seal it back into the skin.
Our range of hand moisturizers pair perfectly with our washes to help keep them looking and feeling beautiful.
Tea Tree Hand Wash and Hemp Hand Protector
Our Tree Hand Wash is enriched with Community Fair Trade tea tree oil from Kenya. It helps to wash away bacteria that can build up on your hands leaving them feeling cleansed and purified. It pairs perfectly with our Hemp Hand Protector which relieves dry skin thanks to its intensely hydrating hemp seed oil.
British Rose Hand Wash and Hand Cream
Infused with the essence of handpicked roses from England, our British Rose Hand Wash leaves your hands feeling fresh and lightly fragranced. Follow up with a squeeze of the British Rose Hand Cream on the back of your hands to keep your skin feeling hydrated – it’s non-greasy and absorbs instantly.
Shea Hand Wash and Hand Cream
Our Shea Hand Wash is perfect for those looking to make their hands feel more conditioned. Enriched with Community Fair Trade shea butter from Ghana, it leaves hands feeling soft and clean. Following with the Shea Hand Cream will add that extra bit of nourishment to help hands feel softer and smoother – perfect for some on-the-go hydration!
Pink Grapefruit Hand Wash and Hand Cream
Fresh and zesty in scent, our Pink Grapefruit Hand Wash leaves your hands feeling refreshed and cleansed. With its conditioning properties, it works perfectly alongside our Pink Grapefruit Hand Cream which helps hands and cuticles feel silky soft. It’s small in size meaning you can pop it in your bag for instant hydration throughout the day.
HOW TO TREAT DRY SKIN
Explore our tips and tricks to tackling dry skin, from lightweight moisturizers to nourishing night creams, and the routines that will leave your skin feeling hydrated.