HOW DO I KNOW IF I HAVE NORMAL SKIN?
So, if normal skin is defined as being a little bit of everything all at once, how do you know if it’s your type? Well, certain signs will tell you more:
• Skin feels neither too oily nor too dry.
• A change in your environment can cause your skin to react.
• Sensitive skin isn’t something you worry about.
• Pores are small and blemishes aren’t a constant issue.
• The surface of your skin appears even and looks healthy.
WHY DO I HAVE NORMAL SKIN?
It’s all down to genetics. Your skin type is something you’re born with and it’s unique to you. ‘Normal’ is the term widely used to refer to well-balanced skin. The scientific term is eudermic. It means that the T-zone (forehead, chin and nose) may be a bit oily, but overall sebum and moisture are balanced, so the skin is neither too oily nor too dry. In other words, ‘normal’.
TIP 1: DON’T USE PRODUCTS THAT TARGET CONCERNS YOU DON’T HAVE
Even a seemingly balanced skin can sometimes feel a bit of dryness or oiliness, or see signs of a combination skin with occasional enlarged pores. Tempting as it might be, try to avoid products for ‘skin clearing’ or ‘oil control’, as they could irritate and cause problems, creating a skin type you don’t want. Having normal skin doesn’t mean that you won’t have skin concerns, but following a great daily skincare routine will help.
TIP 2: USE A SKIN CARE ROUTINE FOR NORMAL SKIN
What’s normal for normal skin? What’s certain is that your normal skin will be different to someone else’s normal skin, so the best thing is to choose a skincare routine that’s tailored to your needs.
1. Cleanse with the Vitamin E Gentle Facial Wash or a href="https://www.thebodyshop.com/en-gb/face/cleansers-toners/vitamin-e-gentle-facial-wash/p/p000177">Drops of Youth™ Gentle Foam Wash.
2. Sweep the or a Vitamin E Hydrating Toner over to refresh your skin.
3. Apply a few drops of the Drops of Youth™ Youth Concentrate for fresher, bouncier, healthier-looking skin.
4. Target your eye area with the hydrating Vitamin E Eye Cream.
5. Moisturise with the Vitamin E Moisture Cream, suitable for all skin types. Boost skin’s glow with the British Rose Fresh Plumping Mask – pamper twice a week for best results.
TIP 3: MOISTURISE WITH SPF
Sunlight is essential for overall wellbeing, but too much sun can damage skin. UVB rays are responsible for sunburn and, along with UVA light, can cause skin to age prematurely, or to trigger sun allergies. It’s easy to forget that normal skin is just as prone to sun damage as any other skin type, so check our range of products that include SPF protection:
1. Skin Defence Multi-Protection Essence SPF 50 PA++++
2. Vitamin E Day Lotion SPF 30
3. Aloe Soothing Moisture Lotion SPF 15
HOW TO USE CLEANSERS
Everyone knows cleansing is the first step of your skincare routine, but are you doing it right? Discover how to use cleanser and our favourite cleansers for all skin types.