“Blemish prone skins tend to produce more oil than other skin types, and therefore it also overheats and perspires more. This can lead to even more oil and the build-up of toxins on the surface of the skin.”
– Vanda Serrador, Facialist and Body Care Expert for The Body Shop
- Before exercise, remove any make-up that could clog your pores, like foundation.
- Use a purifying toner after cleansing. Your skin needs to be fresh and clean and pores free to breathe.
- After exercise, cleanse and tone again and apply a lightweight lotion. Don’t double cleanse after exercise.
- Apply a purifying face mask once a week.
- Use a clean towel for your face.
- Use a purifying body wash or body scrub , and a lightweight body moisturiser to rehydrate skin.
Gym bag skincare: Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash , Tea Tree Skin Clearing Mattifying Toner and Tea Tree Mattifying Lotion .
Body care picks: Tea Tree Skin Clearing Body Wash and Fuji Green Tea™ body care .
- While pool water isn’t necessarily dirty, it can be highly irritating and aggressive to blemish-prone skin.
- After swimming, do not double cleanse – it can be too harsh for the skin after being in the pool.
- Use a gentle face wash and focus on hydration after your swim. Apply a hydrating, soothing gel or lotion to your body, too.
Swim bag skincare: Oils Of Life™ Intensely Revitalising Facial Oil , Aloe Calming Foaming Wash , Aloe Calming Toner and Aloe Soothing Day Cream .
Body care pick: Aloe Multi-Use Soothing Gel .