THE BENEFITS OF TEA TREE OIL FOR SKIN
We understand blemishes can get under your skin in more ways than one. And though we’re all about embracing imperfections, we also want you to feel in control of your skin. If you often find yourself battling with blemishes or struggling with oily skin, turn to tea tree – a powerful yet natural ingredient that helps skin feel cleansed, purified and mattified. Discover how this small but mighty plant can help oily, blemish-prone skin.
WHAT IS TEA TREE?
Tea tree is a small plant that grows in tropical climates. The leafy plant is typically harvested for its oil which is known for its cleansing and purifying properties – hence why it’s so popular in skincare, especially for those with oily, blemish-prone skin. Not only does it help to reduce the appearance of blemishes, it works with your skin to help keep them at bay too.
What’s so special about our tea tree? We source our Community Fair Trade tea tree from a number of farms and independent farmers in rural Kenya. They steam-distil the tea tree leaves within 12 hours of harvesting to ensure our Tea Tree Oil is at its most pure and potent.
And since tea tree has natural purifying properties, the crops don’t need chemicals to fend off pests.
Our trade helps provide farmers working within our producer group with a steady income in an area where employment opportunities are low. It’s how we make sure we source the best quality ingredients while having a positive impact on people and the planet.
BEST ROUTINE FOR BLEMISH-PRONE AND OILY SKIN
Suffering from blemishes can be difficult. So how do you take control of your skin before blemishes strike? Our 4-step daily Tea Tree routine has your back and is here to help purify your skin, so that you can feel more confident and in control.
Dampen your face with warm water. To help deeply cleanse your skin, squeeze some of our refreshing Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash onto the palm of your hand and massage into your face, moving in circular upward motions until the product has lathered. Rinse off with warm water and pat dry. Use every day to help control excess oil.
Follow up with our Tea Tree Skin Clearing Mattifying Toner to remove residual traces of makeup and impurities. Apply a few drops to a cotton pad and sweep across your full face. It also helps skin feel clean, refreshed and look visibly clearer.
Just because skin is oily, doesn’t mean it’s not dehydrated. Our Tea Tree In-Control Hydrator is perfect for oily, blemish prone skin. It’s cooling and soothing and helps tackle shine for total skin control. To use, squeeze a small amount of our Hydrator onto your fingertips and massage gently into your skin.
Finally, tackle problem areas with our powerfully purifying Tea Tree Oil. Apply a few drops onto a cotton pad and apply to your targeted areas to help reduce the appearance of blemishes. Use every day to help purify or use directly on blemishes.
PURIFYING & BALANCING ROUTINE
Start with our Tea Tree Shampoo to help rebalance excess oils.*
Follow with our refreshingly light conditioner. Hair feels softer and restored with moisture.*
Once a week, instead of the shampoo, use this. Oily locks and scalps will feel invigorated and purified.*
*Achieved using full regime of shampoo, conditioner and scrub. Visibly repairs hair. Hair scrub coming soon. Stay tuned for availability.
TEA TREE’S TOP FANS
Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash
“This has become a crucial part of my skincare routine along with other products in the Tea Tree range. My skin is pretty oily, and blemishes are a constant problem, but I've really noticed a difference since using these.” – Tiger28
Tea Tree Skin Clearing Mattifying Toner
“Love this! Perfect for applying to my T-zone. Since using it regularly I have had compliments on my complexion and feel like it has truly made a difference for the better.” – Lillybingo
Tea Tree Anti-Imperfection Solution
“My skin has never felt so smooth. A few drops goes a long way to get rid of any blemishes and bumps. Favorite purchase from their range, would highly recommend.” – Neeya
Tea Tree Oil
“This amazing oil has done me wonders with fading away my blemishes and is definitely a key staple in my beauty regime. Love it so much and I will forever be purchasing!” – PrincessRuna
OTHER WAYS TO USE TEA TREE OIL
Though tea tree oil is commonly used in skincare for its purifying properties, it also has other benefits that we think you’ll enjoy…
1. Use bowl of hot water, place a towel over your head and position your face over the bowl to steam your face and relax the pores before applying a drop of Tea Tree Oil to any blemishes.
2. Pulse points – pop a couple of drops of Tea Tree Oil on your temples and take a few deep breaths. Take a few minutes for yourself each day to complete breathing exercises and de-stress from your day.
3. Blemishes – dab a few drops of Tea Tree onto your blemishes. With its powerful, purifying properties, our Tea Tree Oil is great for quick application to help reduce the appearance of blemishes.
4. Foot soak – freshen your tired feet by popping a couple of drops of Tea Tree Oil into a bowl of warm water. Submerge your feet, sit back and relax.
5. Pop on a tissue – Tea Tree Oil has a fresh, uplifting scent. Pop a few drops on a tissue and breathe in! Some people do this whilst on a flight to freshen up the air they breathe in.
6. Shampoo – Some of our customers love to add a few drops of Tea Tree Oil to their shampoo as they feel it soothes their scalp and minimises itching.
7. Body Blemishes – Blemishes don’t always stay on the face – so use Tea Tree Oil all over to keep those blemishes at bay.